Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the British Army's response on the Western Front to a period of seminal change in warfare. This book examines the impact of the pre-war emphasis on worldwide garrison, occupation and policing duties for the Empire's defence of the mindset of the Army's leadership and its lack of preparation for a continental war.
- Author BiographyBorn in Walsall, Simon Robbins was brought up in Nigeria before returning to England for his education at Elmhurst, South Croydon and St Edward's School, Oxford. Reading History at Nottingham University, he gained an MA in War Studies and then undertook research on 'British Generalship on the Western Front, 1914-18' for a PhD at King's College London. He has worked in the Department of Documents at the Imperial War Museum since 1989. He also has a Diploma and an MA in Archive Studies from University College, London. He is the author of 'Staff Officer, the Diaries of Walter Guinness (First Lord Moyne), 1914-18' with Professor Brian Bond and 'God's General: Cromwell The Soldier'.
- Author(s)Simon Robbins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2005
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleMilitary History and Policy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £19.33Trending at £25.19
- £8.84Trending at £12.98
- £9.52Trending at £13.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.11
- £12.58Trending at £19.10
- £8.75Trending at £13.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.