All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £7.37
- £6.72Trending at £6.89
- £9.83Trending at £14.98
- £4.57Trending at £4.99
- £8.68Trending at £8.85
- £11.41Trending at £17.94
- £4.44Trending at £4.99
About this product
- DescriptionBritish salons, with guests such as Byron, Moore, and Thackeray, were veritable hothouses of political and cultural agitation. Using a number of sources - diaries, letters, silver-fork novels, satires, travel writing, Keepsakes, and imaginary conversations - Schmid paints a vivid picture of the British salon between the 1780s and the 1840s.
- Author BiographySusanne Schmid teaches at Mainz University, Germany. She has published several books, among the Helene Richter-prize winning Shelley's German Afterlives (2007), as well as articles on Romanticism, film studies, and cultural studies.
- Author(s)S. Schmid
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteXI, 252 p.
- Weight344 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.