All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLavishly illustrated in colour, it tells the story of the mapping of urban Britain from the late middle ages until modern times. The text is accompanied by a comprehensive index of town maps which have been catalogued on an open-access electronic resource.
- Author BiographyProfessor Roger J.P. Kain is Dean and Chief Executive of the School of Advanced Study, University of London and a Vice-President of the British Academy. He is a leading cartographic historian and author of 12 other books on British maps, three of them co-authored with Dr Richard Oliver. His previous British Library publication is English Maps: A History (1999). Dr Richard Oliver is Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Exeter and is author of seven books on Ordnance Survey history.
- Author(s)Richard Oliver,Roger J. P. Kain
- PublisherThe British Library Publishing Division
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe British Library Publishing Division
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £57.45Trending at £66.09
- £10.11Trending at £14.47
- £8.47Trending at £14.99
- £15.01Trending at £16.85
- £13.77Trending at £19.96
- £31.44Trending at £52.08
- £11.27Trending at £18.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.