Consider these sponsored items
- £12.98Was:£14.99Free postage
- £20.29Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHe was responsible for building the Great Western Railway main line, introducing regular steamship travel across the Atlantic, building the first tunnel under a major river, and constructing docks, harbours and bridges that enabled Britain to expand and grow as the powerhouse of the world.
- Author BiographyJohn Christopher is a lifelong transport enthusiast, author, and balloon pilot. Originally training as a graphic designer, he now splits his time between flying, working with airships, and writing on all aspects of transportation. He has previously written Balloons at War, Brunel s Kingdom, The HMS Victory Story, The London Bus Story, The Orient Express Story, The SS Great Britain Story, and The Tornado Story.
- Author(s)John Christopher
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- GenreBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note50 Illustrations, color; 100 Illustrations, black and white
- Weight480 g
- Width248 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.02Trending at £12.46
- £3.94Trending at £4.02
- £7.02Trending at £7.14
- £14.01Trending at £20.38
- £4.10Trending at £7.99
- £10.58Trending at £12.95
- £13.51Trending at £18.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.