Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.00
- £19.38Trending at £30.02
- £9.88Trending at £11.14
- £10.71Trending at £12.34
- £12.89Trending at £16.62
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn-depth anthropological studies of the Buddhist funeral cultures of mainland Southeast Asia and China.
- Author BiographyPaul Williams is Emeritus Professor of Indian and Tibetan Philosophy and founding co-director of the Centre for Buddhist Studies at the University of Bristol. He is author of Mahayana Buddhism: The Doctrinal Foundations, 2nd edition (2009), The Reflexive Nature of Awareness: A Tibetan Madhyamaka Defence (1998), Altruism and Reality: Studies in the Philosophy of Bodhicaryavatara (1998), The Unexpected Way: On Converting from Buddhism to Catholicism (2001) and Songs of Love, Poems of Sadness: The Erotic Verse of the Sixth Dalai Lama (2004). He is co-author, with Anthony Tribe, of Buddhist Thought: A Complete Introduction to the Indian Tradition, 2nd edition (2012) and was sole editor of the eight-volume series Buddhism: Critical Concepts in Religious Studies (2005). Patrice Ladwig is research fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology (Halle, Germany) where he works in a research group focusing on historical anthropology. He has published articles in the fields of anthropology, Asian studies and Buddhist studies. He is currently finalizing a monograph entitled Revolutionaries and Reformers in Lao Buddhism and working on an edited volume on Buddhist socialism.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight420 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byPatrice Ladwig,Professor Paul Williams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.