Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionContains translations of one hundred and seventy-four stories in the section of China from Konjaku monogatarish, the largest story collection in Japan, dating from the early twelfth century. The original work contains more than one thousand tales of India, China, and Japan.
- Author BiographyYoshiko Kurata Dykstra was born in Nishinomiya near Nara and Kyoto. After graduating from Aoyama Gakuin University, Mrs. Dykstra received her M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of California where she taught for several years. She also taught at the Kansai Gadai University in Osaka, Japan before she was invited as a Numata Chair professor at the University of Hawai'i, M'noa in 2006. She is currently retired in Honolulu. Her major fields include Buddhist narratives and comparative folk literature.
- Author(s)Yoshiko Dykstra
- PublisherUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2015
- GenreFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationHonolulu, HI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.