Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £10.97Trending at £12.34
- £11.71Trending at £14.47
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a selection of jazz guitarist, banjoist, singer and composer, Danny Barker's writings (beginning with a long portrait of Buddy Bolden, the first man of jazz ) drawn from conversations and interviews with the generation of jazzmen that invented the music.
- Author BiographyDanny Barker (1900-94) was one of the great originals of jazz, a witty singer and performer, and a member of some of the most prestigious bands in jazz history, including those led by Henry Allen, Cab Calloway, Benny Carter and Lucky Millinder. Alyn Shipton presents jazz radio programmes for the BBC and is a critic for The Times in London. He is the author of several books on music as well as a music publisher and editor. His most recent book is Groovin' High: The Life of Dizzy Gillespie published by Oxford University Press in 1999, voted Book of the Year by Jazz Times and winner of the 2000 ARSC award for best research in recorded sound.
- Author(s)Danny Barker
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleBayou Jazz Lives S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight282 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Volume editorAlyn Shipton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.