All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.67
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £22.83
About this product
- Author(s)Michael W. Kuenstle,Nawari O. Nawari
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication21/04/2015
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note254 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction General BIM in Education New Framework BIM Concept Structural Design Fundamentals Summary Structure and Architecture Synergy Framework (SAS Framework) Introduction Vocabulary and Objectives Exercises Building Information Modeling Introduction Customization and Reuse Tracking and Representation It Is Not Only about Drafting It Is Not Just a Traditional 3D Model Model Content and Design Intent Objects and Parameters Data Sharing and Collaboration BIM Platforms Theory of Modeling Exploring the User Interface BIM in Education Exercises Modeling Elements Structural Elements Physical and Analytical Models Modeling Rules Model Integration Spatial Order: Grid Lines Levels Columns Beams Walls Trusses Floors Foundations Families Loads Boundary Conditions Additional Analytical Model Tools Exercises Architectural Elements Introduction Site Modeling Grids and Levels Conceptual Design and Analysis Walls and Curtain Walls Columns Floors, Ceilings, and Roof Objects Stairs and Elevators Doors and Windows Furniture Groups Exercises Structural Analysis Introduction Analytical Models Analytical Model and Element Connections SAS Approach for Structural Analysis Preliminary Analysis Advanced Structural Design Exercises References Index
- Author BiographyDr. Nawari, (Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE) has over 20 years of experience in design, teaching, and research specializing in building structures and building information modeling. Currently, he teaches graduate and undergraduate courses at the University of Florida. He has written and co-authored over 70 publications and three books. He is an active member of the U.S. National Building Information Modeling Standard Committee (NBIMS), BIM Committee of the Structural Engineering Institute (SEI), and co-chair of the subcommittee on BIM in education and many other professional societies. Dr. Nawari is also a board certified professional engineer in the states of Florida and Ohio. Michael W. Kuenstle, AIA, received his graduate architecture degree from Columbia University in New York City. He holds a bachelor of architecture degree from the University of Houston. Kuenstle served as adjunct associate professor at the New York Institute of Technology from 1990 to 1993. He has been a professor in the School of Architecture at the University of Florida since 1993 where he teaches architecture design studio and advanced graduate structures courses. His building design projects have received several AIA design awards and have been published and exhibited throughout North America. A licensed architect, he serves as a member of the Board of Trustees to the Florida Foundation for Architecture.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.