Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £22.03Trending at £23.37
- £21.47Trending at £22.55
- £30.18Trending at £36.01
- £5.99Trending at £8.87
- £17.01Trending at £18.64
- £13.43Trending at £18.85
- £14.07Trending at £14.28
About this product
- Author(s)Abdul Lateef Olanrewaju,Abdul-Rashid Abdul-Aziz
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication14/11/2014
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 24 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight707 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Table Of ContentsOverview.- An Overview of the Construction Industry.- Maintenance of Academic Buildings.- Malaysian Education System and University Buildings.- Building Maintenance Processes, Principles, Procedures, Practices and Strategies.- Methodological Issues.- Sustainability Maintenance Initiatives.- Conclusions and Recommendations.
- Author BiographyAbdul Lateef Olanrewaju first worked in the construction industry was as a quantity surveyor about 15 years ago. He has been involved in various construction projects from the conceptual stages to completion. He has also undertaken full-time research work and has contributed towards enhancing and strengthening investigations into in the built environment. He gained his master of science in built environment from the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) for his research on value management and his doctorate from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) Malaysia for his research on building maintenance management. He studied quantity surveying at Kaduna Polytechnic, Nigeria. His academic activities center on lecturing and research associated with quantity surveying, value management, building maintenance, research methodology, procurement and contemporary issues in construction and project management. He has authored and co-authored several scientific papers, and he is a referee for leading journals. He has served has as panelist and keynote speaker on different topics relating to the construction industry. He is an incorporate member of the CIOB, member of Quantity Surveyor International, member of the Malaysian Facility Management Association. His current research focuses on sustainable maintenance management, ethical issues in construction and the role of the construction sector in economic development and the procurements of construction projects through the Shariah method. Abdul-Aziz Abdul Rashid is a professor at the School of Housing Building and Planning, Universiti Sains Malaysia. He started his career as a quantity surveyor but very quickly took up the offer to further his studies under the sponsorship of Universiti Sains Malaysia and the Malaysian government. He completed his MSc in Construction Management at Brunel University, West London, England and thereafter returned to his alma mater, the University of Reading, Reading, England, to pursue his PhD. His initial research interest was international construction. But over the span of more than two decades as an academician, his research interests have expanded to cover construction labor issues, construction development, privatization, construction procurement and housing development. He is a registered quantity surveyor with the Board of Surveyors Malaysia, a member of the Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia and a fellow of the Chartered Institution of Chartered Surveyors. He is the co-editor of the Journal of Construction of Developing Countries. In addition, he is an editorial board member of several journals. He has published more than 70 articles in international refereed journals, international books and book chapters. He has done consultancy research work for the Malaysian Construction Industry Development Board, the Singaporean Contractors Association Limited and the International Labour Organization.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.