CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £9.09Trending at £11.04
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors present a research-based approach for building reading self-efficacy and focus on four concepts necessary to learners' literacy success: confidence, independence, metacognition, and stamina.
- Author BiographyHolly Johnson is an Associate Professor in the Division of Teacher Education at the University of Cincinnati. where she teaches adolescent literacy courses for students interested in becoming middle school teachers. Her research focuses on adolescent literacy and literature, and issues of social justice. She taught middle school language arts and social studies in Kentucky and Arizona, and was an industrial arts teacher in Botswana, Africa as a Peace Corps Volunteer. Lauren Freedman is a Professor of Literacy Studies at Western Michigan University. Her primary areas of expertise include the role of self efficacy in literacy development, the use of multiple materials within and across the curriculum, inquiry as a framework for instruction and literacy strategy development, and the role of student-led, small group discussion within learning-centered classroom communities. Karen F. Thomas has been a classroom instructor and administrator in both elementary and middle/high school for 15 years teaching reading and English in urban, public, private and overseas settings before her current teaching at the college level for the 15 plus years. Currently, Thomas is a Professor of Literacy Education at Western Michigan University teaching undergraduate and graduate classes where she also serves as Director of the Dorothy J. McGinnis Reading Center and Clinic and editor of Reading Horizons. She also is involved with a number of community initiatives for literacy as part of the Western Michigan University's Clinic Outreach Program as well as co-investigator for an Early Reading First 3.4 million dollar grant working with Headstart populations.
- Author(s)Holly Johnson,Karen F. Thomas,Lauren Freedman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/2008
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteill
- Weight576 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.