All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Gitte Jakobsen,John Vellema,Patrick Graupp
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Table Of ContentsLAYING THE GROUNDWORK Setting the Course Introduction The Need for Change Strategic Capability Building Building the Molders of Tomorrow And Notice Nothing Else but the Language and the Local Temperature Growth Creates Need for Training Laying the Foundation for a Global Learning Center Preparing for the Global Pilot Project Introduction Pilot Project Team Sponsor Steering Team Project Manager Key Stakeholders The Pilot Project Team Learning Center Track Operations Track Pilot Project Description Background Objective Needs Analysis Visit to LEGO Operations Mexico The Hungarian Phone Calls Discussions in Denmark Summary of Local Visits Selecting the Pilot Case Setting the Foundations for Moving Forward Introduction First Draft of the Training Organization Choosing the Training Within Industry Program: Why Job Instruction? The Link between Job Instruction and Lean A Strong Lean Foundation The Standardized Work Development Model Prework Establishment of Global Trainer Team Development of Global Training Standards Training Locals in the New Standard Establishment of a Follow-Up and Process Confirmation Process Establishment of Continuous Improvement Structure THE GLOBAL PILOT PROJECT Testing the Global LEGO Training Organization and TWI JI Introduction Reactions to the Change Learning How to Make Job Breakdowns Facilitating the Development of Important Steps Facilitating the Development of Key Points Finding Key Points: A Great Learning Experience First Workshop: Hungary The Workshops Cultural Introduction Social Event Homework Periods The Workshops Introduction Workshop 1: Mexico Operations Track (Functional Area Master Trainers and Global Job Trainers) Standardized Work Chart TWI Job Instruction 10-Hour Class Videoconference Wrap-Up Workshop 2: Denmark The Whole Team: Cultural Training TWI Introduction to Stakeholders Learning Center Track Operations Track Workshop 3: Hungary Coaching the TWI Job Instruction Four-Step Method The Whole Team Learning Center Track Operations Track Workshop 4: Denmark The Whole Team Sudden Realization Learning Center Track Operations Track (Global Job Trainers) Testing the Job Breakdown with Relevant Stakeholders Workshop 5: Mexico The Whole Team Learning Center Track Operations Track (Global Job Trainers) Operations Track (Functional Area Master Trainers) Workshop 6: Hungary Approval of the Pilot Project From Global Pilot Project to Local Anchoring Different Needs Molding Hungary Molding Mexico Molding Denmark General Notes on the Local Implementations CREATING THE GLOBAL LEGO TRAINING ORGANIZATION Building the Organization Introduction Roles in the Training Organization Being a Trainer Is a Role-Not a Position Trainer Roles and Responsibilities Who Wants to Be a Trainer? Building Up the Training Organization: Selection Process How to Spot Trainer Talents in the Organization Cognitive Skills Communication Skills Social Attitude Confidence and Leadership Work Attitude Questioning Nature The Interview Practical Exercise 1 Practical Exercise 2 Onboarding Process Development Process Job Instruction Training and Learning Skills Course Module 1: Adult Learning Module 2: DiSC Introduction Module 3: Communication and Feedback (4 Hours) Module 4: Training Challenges Building Cultural Competencies English Skills Evaluation Process Learning Points: Building the Training Organization Learning Tools and Methodologies Introduction Competency Overview and Learning Objectives Learning Objectives Skills Matrix Helping Questions Individual Training Plan Evaluation Learnin
- Author BiographyPatrick Graupp began his training career at the SANYO Electric Corporate Training Center in Japan after graduating with highest honors from Drexel University in 1980. There he learned to deliver Training Within Industry (TWI) and other training programs for SANYO employees inside and outside of Japan. He was transferred to a compact disc manufacturing facility in Indiana where he gained manufacturing experience before returning to Japan to lead SANYO's global training effort. During this time, Graupp earned an MBA from Boston University and was later promoted to head up human resources for SANYO North America Corp. in San Diego, California where he settled. Graupp partnered with Bob Wrona in 2001 to conduct TWI pilot projects in Syracuse, New York that became the foundation for the TWI Institute which has since trained a vast network of certified trainers who are now delivering TWI training in the manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, and service industries around the globe. These efforts are outlined in their book The TWI Workbook: Essential Skills for Supervisors (Productivity Press, 2006) a Shingo Research and Professional Publication Prize Recipient for 2007. Graupp also authored Implementing TWI: Creating and Managing a Skills-Based Culture published by Productivity Press in 2010, and Getting to Standard Work in Health Care: Using TWI to Create a Foundation for Quality Care published by Productivity Press in 2012. Gitte Jakobsen has been involved in organizational development and knowledge management in the LEGO Group since 1997 with roles as both staff manager and project manager in the LEGO marketing arena and later within LEGO Operations. She has extensive experience in the development of complex marketing and production processes based on her experience setting up a LEGO marketing development and production function in the Czech Republic and her activities creating Learning Centers in LEGO production sites in Denmark, Mexico, Hungary and the Czech Republic. In 2009, Jakobsen completed a master's degree in educational psychology at the University of Aarhus and has since been working as a learning specialist in her position as HR senior manager in the LEGO Learning Center, providing both deep practical and theoretical perspectives. Her core responsibilities lie in leading global activities while building up training organizations and knowledge management activities across LEGO production and engineering functions including a new LEGO factory in China. Additionally, she is developing global LEGO programs like World Class Craftsmanship, with the objective of building up LEGO toolmakers, and Technology Leaders of Tomorrow, both initiatives focused on developing standardized capabilities across cultures and LEGO sites. John Vellema started his career as a toolmaker in injection molding. This deeply rooted experience working with and understanding life on the shop floor provided him with invaluable experiences that cannot be learned in a classroom. He also served in the Danish Army where his last position was first class sergeant for a recon unit stationed in Kosovo. After leaving the Army, Vellema earned an engineering degree in manufacturing and management from the University of Southern Denmark. He then joined the LEGO Group in 2007 participating in the Supply Chain Graduate Program. In combination with years of coaching teams under the Danish Association of Rowing, this positioned him to become project leader and concept developer over the next three years, beginning in 2009, in the development and implementation of the Global Job Training Organization at LEGO. Through these experiences he has gained a strong understanding of the link between production, leadership, and engineering. In 2012, John left the LEGO Group to start an advisory and training firm, business through people. The firm's primary objective is to help companies create and maintain a highly skilled and motivated workforce. Business thr
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £27.98
- £5.39Trending at £8.07
- £32.74Trending at £38.28
- £9.47Trending at £9.94
- £10.20Trending at £11.89
- £17.29Trending at £19.10
- £12.27Trending at £15.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.