All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDescribes the construction of a model of the Lampitt portable steam engine, which dates back to 1862, and which provided rotative power to drive threshing machines, circular saws, feed mills and other farm machinery.
- Author BiographyTony Webster worked for many years as a fully trained agricultural engineer before teaching design and technology in secondary schools. His moel engineering started in 1978 with the construction of a model traction engine in the scale of two inches to the foot. This engine was run for fourteen years at many traction engine rallies, and model rallies, in England, Wales and The Netherlands. After completing this project, Tony built a steam wagon in three-inch scale and then went on to construct other models, including a further portable engine and a Titan tractor driven by a petrol engine.
- Author(s)Tony Webster
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- GenreInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note142 colour photographs
- Weight662 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £8.15Trending at £8.99
- £11.77Trending at £17.02
- £9.77Trending at £11.95
- £7.67Trending at £8.47
- £7.57Trending at £11.01
- £14.15Trending at £17.93
- £46.62Trending at £56.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.