All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Paul Frymer
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/05/2017
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitlePrinceton Studies in American Politics: Historical, International, and Comparative Perspectives
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note3 halftones. 5 line illus. 19 maps.
- Weight624 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Figures vii Acknowledgments ix 1 Introduction 1 2 Boundaries and Movement 32 3 Advancing Compactly as We Multiply 72 4 Homesteading and Manufacturing Whiteness 128 5 The Limits of Manifest Destiny 172 6 A Second Removal? The Rise and Defeat of Black Colonization 220 7 America's Settler Empire at the End of the Frontier 263 Index 283
- Author BiographyPaul Frymer is professor of politics and director of the Program in Law and Public Affairs at Princeton University. He is the author of Uneasy Alliances: Race and Party Competition in America and Black and Blue: African Americans, the Labor Movement, and the Decline of the Democratic Party (both Princeton).
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.94
- £32.33Trending at £34.08
- £13.79Trending at £19.95
- £5.43Trending at £5.48
- £23.44Trending at £40.08
- £9.70Trending at £10.23
- £20.62Trending at £29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.