All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionWant to build a PC that perfectly meets your needs? This up-to-date guide has precisely what you need to know. You A'll learn about PC fundamentals, how to plan your project using the latest components, where and how to buy the parts you need, and how to assemble everything with step-by-step instructions and clear, easy-to-follow images.
- Author BiographyRobert Bruce Thompson is a coauthor of Building the Perfect PC, Astronomy Hacks, and the Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders. Thompson built his first computer in 1976 from discrete chips. It had 256 bytes of memory, used toggle switches and LEDs for I/O, ran at less than 1MHz, and had no operating system. Since then, he has bought, built, upgraded, and repaired hundreds of PCs for himself, employers, customers, friends, and clients. Robert spends most clear, moonless nights outdoors with his 10-inch Dobsonian reflector telescope, and is currently designing a larger, computerized, truss-tube Dobsonian that he plans to build. Barbara Fritchman Thompson is a coauthor of Building the Perfect PC, PC Hardware Buyer's Guide, Astronomy Hacks, and PC Hardware in a Nutshell. Barbara worked for 20 years as a librarian before starting her own home-based consulting practice, Research Solutions, and is also a researcher for the law firm Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice, PLLC. Barbara is an avid amateur astronomer.
- Author(s)Barbara Fritchman Thompson,Robert Bruce Thompson
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaker Media
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width203 mm
- Height248 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.