All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.38
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.70
About this product
- DescriptionCovering all three approaches to Jacques Tits's beautiful theory of buildings, this accessible volume is suitable as a textbook introduction to the subject as well as a self-study text for researchers. It contains numerous exercises.
- Author BiographyKenneth S. Brown has been a professor at Cornell since 1971. He received his Ph.D. in 1971 from MIT. He has published many works, including Buildings with Springer-Verlag in 1989, reprinted in 1998.Peter Abramenko received his Ph.D. in 1987 from the University of Frankfurt, Germany. He held various academic positions afterwards, including a Heisenberg fellowship from 1998 until 2001. Since 2001, he is Associate Professor at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. He has previously published Twin Buildings and Applications to S-Arithmetic Groups for the Lecture Notes in Mathematics series for Springer (1996).
- Author(s)Kenneth S. Brown,Peter Abramenko
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/08/2008
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number248
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note100 Illustrations, black and white; XXII, 754 p. 100 illus.
- Weight2770 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2008 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.