Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUniquely, the present work will present in one place the vernacular names of the almost ten thousand birds of the world in about fifty languages.
- Author BiographyJohn T. Burridge is a semi-retired (whatever that means) chemical engineer and technical writer, and has been a lifelong environmentalist and birder. His engineering mentality has made an obsession of his attempt to bring some semblance of order to the chaotic world of bird names. He received his undergraduate education in Canada, with degrees from Queen's University and Concordia University, and did his graduate work at California State University with master's degrees in linguistics and German, including work at Kenyatta University in East Africa. A former resident of Germany, France and Switzerland, he presently birds on the northeast coast of North America and is looking forward to full retirement on the west coast of Mexico where he can pester a completely different set of birds.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication18/05/2010
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight440 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJohn T. Burridge
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.00
- £31.49Trending at £34.21
- £13.79Trending at £20.01
- £5.19Trending at £5.49
- £23.44Trending at £40.21
- £9.70Trending at £10.26
- £6.18Trending at £6.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.