All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)S. Albright,Wayne Winston
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication27/04/2016
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1905 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition Statement6th edition
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction to Business Analytics. Part 1: EXPLORING DATA. 2. Describing the Distribution of a Single Variable. 3. Finding Relationships among Variables. Part 2: PROBABILITY AND DECISION MAKING UNDER UNCERTAINTY. 4. Probability and Probability Distributions. 5. Normal, Binomial, Poisson, and Exponential Distributions. 6. Decision Making under Uncertainty. Part 3: STATISTICAL INFERENCE. 7. Sampling and Sampling Distributions. 8. Confidence Interval Estimation. 9. Hypothesis Testing. Part 4: REGRESSION ANALYSIS AND TIME SERIES FORECASTING. 10. Regression Analysis: Estimating Relationships. 11. Regression Analysis: Statistical Inference. 12. Time Series Analysis and Forecasting. Part 5: OPTIMIZATION AND SIMULATION MODELING. 13. Introduction to Optimization Modeling. 14. Optimization Models. 15. Introduction to Simulation Modeling. 16. Simulation Models. Part 6: ADVANCED DATA ANALYSIS. 17. Data Mining. Part 7: BONUS ONLINE MATERIAL. 18. Importing Data into Excel. 19. Analysis of Variance and Experimental Design. 20. Statistical Process Control. Appendix A: Statistical Reporting.
- Author BiographyS. Christian Albright received his B.S. degree in mathematics from Stanford in 1968 and his Ph.D. in operations research from Stanford in 1972. Since then, he has been teaching in the Operations and Decision Technologies Department in the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. He has taught courses in management science, computer simulation, and statistics to all levels of business students: undergraduates, MBAs, and doctoral students. His current interest is in spreadsheet modeling, including development of VBA applications in Excel(R). Dr. Albright has published more than 20 articles in leading operations research journals in the area of applied probability. He has also published a number of successful textbooks, including DATA ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING, DATA ANALYSIS FOR MANAGERS, and SPREADSHEET MODELING AND APPLICATIONS. Wayne L. Winston is Professor Emeritus of Decision Sciences at the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and is now a Professor of Decision and Information Sciences at the Bauer College at the University of Houston. He has won more than 45 teaching awards, including the school-wide MBA award six times. His current interest is in showing how spreadsheet models can be used to solve business problems in all disciplines, particularly in finance, sports, and marketing. In addition to publishing more than 20 articles in leading journals, Dr. Winston has written such successful textbooks as OPERATIONS RESEARCH: APPLICATIONS AND ALGORITHMS, MATHEMATICAL PROGRAMMING: APPLICATIONS AND ALGORITHMS, SIMULATION MODELING WITH @RISK, DATA ANALYSIS FOR MANAGERS, SPREADSHEET MODELING AND APPLICATIONS, MATHLETICS, DATA ANALYSIS AND BUSINESS MODELING WITH EXCEL 2013, MARKETING ANALYTICS, and FINANCIAL MODELS USING SIMULATION AND OPTIMIZATION. He received his B.S. degree in mathematics from MIT and his Ph.D. in operations research from Yale.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £9.21Trending at £12.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.