All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Barry Roberts,Richard Mann
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- GenreNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight2404 g
- Width224 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement12th edition
- Table Of ContentsPART I: INTRODUCTION TO LAW AND ETHICS. 1. Introduction to Law. 2. Business Ethics. PART II: THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS. 3. Civil Dispute Resolution. 4. Constitutional Law. 5. Administrative Law. 6. Criminal Law. 7. Intentional Torts. 8. Negligence and Strict Liability. PART III: CONTRACTS. 9. Introduction to Contracts. 10. Mutual Assent. 11. Conduct Invalidating Assent. 12. Consideration. 13. Illegal Bargains. 14. Contractual Capacity. 15. Contracts in Writing. 16. Third Parties to Contracts. 17. Performance, Breach, and Discharge. 18. Contract Remedies. PART IV: SALES. 19. Introduction to Sales and Leases. 20. Performance. 21. Transfer of Title and Risk of Loss. 22. Product Liability: Warranties and Strict Liability. 23. Sales Remedies. PART V: NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS. 24. Form and Content. 25. Transfer and Holder in Due Course. 26. Liability of Parties. 27. Bank Deposits, Collections, and Funds Transfers. PART VI: AGENCY. 28. Relationship of Principal and Agent. 29. Relationship with Third Parties. PART VII: BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS. 30. Formation and Internal Relations of General Partnerships. 31. Operation and Dissolution of General Partnerships. 32. Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies. 33. Nature and Formation of Corporations. 34. Financial Structure of Corporations. 35. Management Structure of Corporations. 36. Fundamental Changes of Corporations. PART VIII: DEBTOR AND CREDITOR RELATIONS. 37. Secured Transactions and Suretyship. 38. Bankruptcy. PART IX: REGULATION OF BUSINESS. 39. Securities Regulation. 40. Intellectual Property. 41. Employment Law. 42. Antitrust. 43. Accountants' Legal Liability. 44. Consumer Protection. 45. Environmental Law. 46. International Business Law. PART X: PROPERTY. 47. Introduction to Property, Property Insurance, Bailments, and Documents of Title. 48. Interests in Real Property. 49. Transfer and Control of Real Property. 50. Trusts and Wills. APPENDICES. Appendix A: The Constitution of the United States of America. Appendix B: Uniform Commercial Code (Selected Provisions). Appendix C: Dictionary of Legal Terms.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Mann received a B.S. in Mathematics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a J.D. from Yale Law School. He is professor of Business Law emeritus at the Kenan-Flagler School of Business, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and is past president of the Southeastern Regional Business Law Association. Professor Mann is a member of Who's Who in America, Who's Who in American Law, and the North Carolina Bar (inactive). He has written extensively on a number of legal topics, including bankruptcy, sales, secured transactions, real property, insurance law, and business associations. Professor Mann has received the American Business Law Journal's award both for the best article and for the best comment and, in addition, has served as a reviewer and staff editor for the publication. Professor Mann is a co-author of SMITH & ROBERSON'S BUSINESS LAW, BUSINESS LAW AND THE REGULATION OF BUSINESS, ESSENTIALS OF BUSINESS LAW AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, and CONTEMPORARY BUSINESS LAW. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Bio: Barry S. Roberts received a B.S. in Business Administration from Pennsylvania State University, a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania, and an LL.M. from Harvard Law School. He served as a judicial clerk for the Pennsylvania Supreme Court prior to practicing law in Pittsburgh. Professor Roberts is professor of Business Law at the Kenan-Flagler School of Business, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and is a member of Who's Who in American Law and the North Carolina and Pennsylvania Bars (inactive). He has written numerous articles on such topics as antitrust, products liability, constitutional law, banking law, employment law, and business associations. Professor Roberts has been a reviewer and staff editor for the American Business Law Journal. He is a co-author of SMITH & ROBERSON'S BUSINESS LAW, BUSINESS LAW AND THE REGULATION OF BUSINESS, ESSENTIALS OF BUSINESS LAW AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, and CONTEMPORARY BUSINESS LAW.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.99Trending at £17.26
- £14.37Trending at £14.59
- £9.83Trending at £11.29
- £42.62Trending at £43.37
- £18.67Trending at £19.80
- £45.38Trending at £61.84
- £30.19Trending at £34.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.