All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.67
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £28.07
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £22.83
About this product
- Author(s)Gay Gordon-Byrne
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication12/06/2014
- GenreComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsINITIAL PRODUCT ACQUISITION Equipment and Application Acquisition Introduction Application Selection Dictates Hardware Selection Background Application License Acquisition Going Naked Operating System Acquisition Acquisition Model: Direct from the Original Equipment Manufacturer Platforms as Monopolies Multiyear Commitments Operating System and Machine Code License Lock-Ins Strategic Partnerships The Win Room Credible Competition Acquisition Model: Channel Partners and Authorized Resellers Competition between Partner or Channel Sources Controlling Discounts Selecting Partners Acquisition Model: Wholesale Distribution Gray Market Counterfeit Acquisition Model: Retail and the Internet Retail Service Plans Internet Buying Acquisition Model: Used Equipment Summary Notes Initial Support and Maintenance Introduction Maintenance in the Digital World Hardware Maintenance Software Maintenance for OS and Applications Consumables Defect Support Hardware Maintenance Redundancy, Self-Healing, and Fault-Tolerant Gaming the Service Level Agreement Software Maintenance Serviceability Disaster Recovery and Backup Appliances and Black Boxes Summary Notes Hardware Warranty Models Introduction Limits and Purposes of Hardware Warranties Precontracted Parts and Labor Warranties Accounting for Prepaid Service Agreements 90-Day Parts and Labor Warranties and 12-Month Parts Warranties Self-Repair Parts Only Original Equipment Manufacturer Depot Repair Labor User Depot Repair Time and Materials Transaction Volume Sensitive Warranty Models Preventative Maintenance Scheduled Maintenance Summary Notes Software Warranty and Support Models Introduction Initial Acquisition Software Warranty Functions Copyright and Piracy License Audits Maintenance Pricing Treatment of Upgrades and New Releases Patch Management Controlling Maintenance Pricing Going Naked Independent Support Switching Systems Software Vendors Summary Notes Finance and Accounting Issues for Maintenance and Support Introduction Initial Purchase Tangible Assets and Intangible Software Lending and Leasing Internal Accounting Manufacturer (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Captive Leasing Ease of Contracting Operating Lease Treatment Residual Value Licensed Software and Residual Value Tethered and Black Box Products End of Lease Issues Summary Notes POSTWARRANTY SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE Responsibility for Defect Support Introduction Software Defect Support Types of Patches Hardware Defect Support Logic Flaws (Hardware or Machine Code) Updates versus Upgrades Defect Support of Component Failures Engineering Change Levels Remote Diagnostics Summary Notes Postwarranty Hardware Maintenance Introduction Limitations of Warranty Voiding Warranty Purpose of a Warranty Carry-In Warranty Warranty Pricing Original Equipment Manufacturer Postwarranty Support Independent Service Organizations Downside of Independent Service Organization Offerings Parts Warranties Machine Code and Embedded Software Self-Repair Automotive Repair: Converging Issues Five Requirements for Repair Diagnostic Tools, Diagnostic Software, and Error Codes Tools Documentation Service Parts Machine Code Summary Notes TECHNOLOGY PRODUCT DETAILS Machine Code and Embedded Software Introduction Defining Machine Code Machine Code Divides Hardware from Software Tangible Asset Limbo Functions of Machine Code Machine Management and Access Control Feature Activation Service Access and Setting Passwords Maintenance Access Control Feature Validation Diagnostic Routines and Error Reporting Remote Diagnostics Configuration Access Control Feature Activation Repair Issues Consumer Issues Copyright Issues: Digital Millennium Copyri
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.