Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £4.99Trending at £5.08
- £4.99Trending at £9.99
- £8.99Trending at £9.16
- £36.74Trending at £37.43
- £23.15Trending at £23.58
- £21.95Trending at £22.36
- £19.89Trending at £20.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe BBC biopic BYRON recreates the life and times of early 19th century scribe Lord George Gordon Byron (Jonny Lee Miller of TRAINSPOTTING), widely considered one of the finest English-language belletrists in history. Though Byron culled enormous repute for the scandalous, taboo-breaking lead characters in his novels, the author himself led a life so rebellious that it rivalled anything in his fiction - meanwhile sinking ever quickly into a mire of dissatisfaction and lack of fulfilment as he flittered from one escapade to another. And yet Byron personified the zealous spirit of the Romantic Era, with his unapologetic political radicalism and multiple lovers. Here, director Julian Farino and scriptwriter Nick Dear dramatize Byron's experiences onscreen. Vanessa Redgrave and Natasha Little co-star.
- Leading Role 1Jonny Lee Miller
- Director 1Julian Farino
- Leading Role 2Vanessa Redgrave
- Leading Role 3Natasha Little
- Additional Roles byJulie Cox,Camilla Power
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2003
- Additional GenreHistorical
- Subtitle LanguagesEnglish
- Running Time147 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- 5teveshirley07 Jul, 2015by
Pretty good Pretty good Pretty good Pretty good Pretty good Pretty good Pretty good Pretty good bit weird, but still Pretty good.
- b48296b6d46360f...30 May, 2008by
Byron's life in less than 3 hours ...sadly not!
It's incredibly difficult, nee impossible, to do justice to Byron's life in such a short period of time. I found this production well meaning, but ultimately somewhat lacking on all counts... To that end, I'd recommend anybody who has a real interest in who I consider the first rock star of his generation, and those that followed, to instead read the truly excellent 'Byron: Life and Legend' by Fiona MacCarthy. Regards M.
- merlec7704 Jun, 2006by
Byron DVD review
I decided to buy this as I missed it on the BBC. I had studied Byron @ University and knew he had had a colourful life. If you like period drama, you will really enjoy this. You don't even have to have read any of Byron's work to appreciate the drama. It is quite shocking in places and covers Byron's life from his early twenties. The film is in 2 parts, which makes viewing a little easier, as it is quite long. Jonny Lee Miller plays Byron and Natasha Little (from This Life) plays his sister ans both put in strong performances.