CGI Programming with Perl by Gunther Birznieks, Shishir Gundavaram, Scott Guelich (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £21.04+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £2.80Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by cmedia_group
- Est. delivery by 27 Sep
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides an explanation of CGI for those who want to provide their own Web servers. The text features Perl 5 techniques and shows how to use two popular Perl modules, CGI.pm and CGI_lite. It also covers speed-up techniques, such as FastCGI and mod_perl, and material on security.
- Author BiographyScott Guelich graduated from Oberlin College in 1993 with a philosophy degree and decided to only take a few years off before continuing with graduate school. Unable to find any listing for Philosopher Wanted in the classifieds, and having done some programming while growing up, he quickly found himself working with computers. He discovered the Internet the following year and Perl the year after that. Scott has been a web developer for the past few years and currently contracts in the San Francisco Bay Area. He enjoys taijiquan, mountain biking, wind surfing, skiing, and anything that gets him outside and closer to nature. Despite the hours he spends working online, Scott is actually a closet Luddite who doesn't own a television, hasn't bought a cell phone, and still intends to make it to graduate school . . .some day. Gunther Birznieks currently works for Barclays Capital in London, one of the leading global investment banks in Europe, and has previously worked as a computer scientist in the Human Genome Project. Gunther is also known for co-creating Extropia with Selena Sol. Extropia is one of the best known public domain web programming archives. In addition, he has given talks and written books on a variety of subjects related to web programming (Perl, CGI, JavaTM). Shishir Gundavaram is the Director of Technology for MechanicNet.com, a company that provides tools and services for the automotive aftermarket. When he is not dealing with mechanics and broken down cars, Shishir also covers as the CEO of lifeguru.com, the comprehensive health and wellness portal for WAP compatible wireless devices. In his free time, Shishir enjoys sprinting, and still harbors hopes of competing in a meaningful race, before he retires from the sport.
- Author(s)Gunther Birznieks,Scott Guelich,Shishir Gundavaram
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication24/07/1999
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight747 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £15.72Trending at £18.05
- £25.35Trending at £40.20
- £7.72Trending at £10.70
- £13.46Trending at £18.08
- £27.75Trending at £48.02
- £8.08Trending at £11.68
- £32.29Trending at £39.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.