All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £59.99Trending at £78.27
- £4.85Trending at £5.66
- £10.75Trending at £10.97
- £12.80Trending at £17.86
- £12.86Trending at £14.41
- £9.96Trending at £10.25
- £10.30Trending at £15.00
About this product
- DescriptionA resource on caffeine and its use and impact on sports performance. Based on research, studies and guidelines, it is suitable for athletes and fitness enthusiasts looking to improve training and competition. It also provides insight into the attitudes towards caffeine and how those attitudes have changed over the years.
- Author BiographyProfessor Louise Burke has served as the head of sports nutrition at the Australian Institute of Sport and served as the team dietician for the Australian Olympic team for five Summer Olympics from 1996-2012. She is also director of the International Olympic Committee diploma in sports. Dr. Ben Desbrow is a sports dietician and senior lecturer at Griffith University in Queensland, Australia. He has worked with many sporting groups, including the 2000 British Olympic team and the Australian Institute of Sport Cricket Centre of Excellence. Dr. Lawrence Spriet is a professor in the department of human health and nutritional sciences at the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada. He has studied the regulation of fat and carbohydrate metabolism in skeletal muscle metabolism during exercise.
- Author(s)Ben Desbrow,Lawrence Spriet,Louise Burke
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication23/08/2013
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white halftones
- Weight454 g
- Width179 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.