All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.78Trending at £15.30
- £8.61Trending at £9.99
- £19.97Trending at £29.68
- £4.45Trending at £6.08
- £10.12Trending at £13.08
- £3.78Trending at £6.58
- £18.79Trending at £24.98
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the challenges of mountain rescue and the many changes the author has both witnessed and been a party to. This title includes accounts of real-life rescues, discussions of mountain rescue topics such as hypothermia, first aid, and the use of helicopters and search and rescue dogs.
- Author BiographyJohn Allen was born in Glasgow in 1942. He is a retired pharmacist and businessman who eventually owned and managed a number of community pharmacies around the north of Scotland.
- PrizesShortlisted for Boardman Tasker Prize for Mountain Literature 2009.
- Author(s)John Allen
- PublisherSandstone Press Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2009
- GenreFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationDingwall
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSandstone Press Ltd
- Content Note24 colour plates
- Weight680 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Introduction byChris Bonnington
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.