All listings for this product
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £6.80Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionA story of using computer simulations and mathematical modeling techniques to predict the outcome of jai-alai matches and bet on them successfully.
- Author BiographySteven Skiena is Distinguished Teaching Professor of Computer Science at Stony Brook University. His research interests include the design of graph, string, and geometric algorithms, and their applications (particularly to biology). He is the author of five books, including The Algorithm Design Manual and Calculated Bets: Computers, Gambling, and Mathematical Modeling to Win. He is co-founder and Chief Scientist at General Sentiment (www.generalsentiment.com), a media measurement company based on his Lydia text/sentiment analysis system. Skiena received his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Illinois in 1988, and is the author of over 130 technical papers. He is a former Fulbright scholar, and a recipient of the ONR Young Investigator Award and the IEEE Computer Science and Engineer Teaching Award.
- Author(s)Professor Steven S. Skiena
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2001
- Series TitleOutlooks
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note35 b/w illus. 32 tables
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.