All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe infamous emperor Caligula ruled Rome as a tyrant who ultimately became a monster. An exceptionally smart and cruelly witty man, Caligula made his contemporaries worship him as a god. He drank pearls dissolved in vinegar and ate food covered in gold leaf. This book deals with his life and work.
- Author BiographyAloys Winterling holds a chair for Ancient History at Humboldt-University Berlin. He is the author of Aula Caesaris and Politics and Society in Imperial Rome, among other books.
- Author(s)Aloys Winterling
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note6 b/w photographs, 1 line illustration
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byDeborah Lucas Schneider,Glenn W. Most,Paul Psoinos
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.97
- £9.41Trending at £16.97
- £9.53Trending at £14.97
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £7.60Trending at £8.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.