Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £4.00Trending at £4.81
- £8.99Trending at £11.99
- £8.32Trending at £8.64
- £3.89Trending at £5.81
- £10.21Trending at £10.57
About this product
- DescriptionMost cancer patients face treatment options that are less than ideal. Finally, however, basic research on cell biology is leading to promising new treatments. This text guides the reader through understanding their options and finding and considering experimental treatments.
- Author BiographyRobert Finn graduated from the University of Chicago with an A.B. in biological sciences and intended to pursue a career as a research neuroscientist. After several years in graduate school, in the Department of Psychobiology at the University of California, Irvine, he realized that he preferred writing about science to actually doing it. Robert left with an M.S. degree to pursue a career as a science writer. For a number of years, he worked full-time at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in Pasadena, doing science writing for Caltech's research magazine and then for the news media, explaining scientific advances. Since 1992, Robert has been a full-time freelance writer. He has written hundreds of articles for dozens of publications, including Discover, Men's Fitness, the Los Angeles Times, and The Scientist, where he is a contributing editor. Although he has written about practically all areas of science, he specializes in biomedicine and in science policy. He estimates that he has interviewed close to 1,000 scientists, physicians, and other experts during his career. Robert has been fascinated with the drug development process and clinical trials since college. Several years ago he worked for a contract research organization, writing chapters for highly technical books intended for scientists interested in clinical trials. Cancer Clinical Trials is Robert's first book. He is now working on a book on organ transplants.
- Author(s)Robert Finn
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication25/09/2000
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Weight280 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.