All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.28Trending at £16.26
- £13.30Trending at £13.53
- £13.45Trending at £16.42
- £6.95Trending at £7.07
- £5.45Trending at £7.98
- £12.58Trending at £17.98
- £8.50Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionProvides both the necessary methodology and practical information tools for analyzing data in the field of medical information science.
- Author BiographyIgor Jurisica, PhD Dr. Jurisica is a Canada Research Chair in Integrative Computational Biology, a Scientist at the Ontario Cancer Institute, University Health Network since 2000, Associate Professor in the Departments of Computer Science and Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Adjunct Professor at School of Computing Science, Queen's University, and a Visiting Scientist at the IBM Centre for Advanced Studies. He earned his Dipl. Ing. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the Slovak Technical University in 1991, M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Toronto in 1993 and 1998 respectively. Dr. Jurisica's research focuses on computational biology, and representation, analysis and visualization of high dimensional data generated by high-throughput biology experiments. Of particular interest is the use of comparative analysis for the mining of integrated datasets such as protein-protein interaction, gene expression profiling, and high-throughput screens for protein crystallization. Dennis A. Wigle, MD, PhD Since August 2006, Dennis Wigle has been a clinician-scientist at the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center in Rochester Minnesota. He is a practicing thoracic surgeon with an interest in thoracic oncology. His laboratory investigates the genetic basis and molecular sequence of events underlying thoracic malignancies. He holds an MD from the University of Toronto and a PhD from the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology at Queen's University in Kingston, Canada. His interests include the application of novel computational methods to the analysis of high-throughput data in cancer biology. Bill Wong, BSc, MBA Bill Wong has an extensive background is software deployment technologies and has been working with a variety of database technologies. Some of his previous roles included being the Information Management product manager for Life Sciences, Linux, and Grid solutions. His current role is Program Director for Advanced Database Competitive Technologies at IBM. He works out of the Toronto Lab and can often be found speaking at conferences on information management future trends and directions.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/07/2007
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCancer Treatment and Research
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 137
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight473 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBill Wong,Dennis Wigle,Igor Jurisica
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.