All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of the discovery of the first human cancer virus. Through intriguing accounts that include some remarkable characters and individual stories from around the globe - including the UK, Africa, USA, and China - it tells the story of the Epstein-Barr virus and the understanding of its connections to a variety of other diseases.
- Author BiographyDorothy H. Crawford has been Assistant Principal for Public Understanding of Medicine at the University of Edinburgh since 2007. Her previous books include The Invisible Enemy (OUP, 2000), Deadly Companions (OUP, 2007), and Viruses: A Very Short Introduction (OUP, 2011). She was elected a Fellow of both the Royal Society of Edinburgh and the Academy of Medical Sciences in 2001, and awarded an OBE for services to medicine and higher education in 2005. Ingolfur Johannessen is a Consultant medical virologist and senior lecturer, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and University of Edinburgh. Alan B. Rickinson is Professor of Cancer Studies in the School of Cancer Sciences at the University of Birmingham. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society and a Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Author(s)Alan B. Rickinson,Dorothy H. Crawford,Ingolfur Johannessen
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteApproximately 12 black and white images
- Weight366 g
- Width148 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £65.23Trending at £130.00
- £14.18Trending at £15.28
- £13.51Trending at £15.60
- £6.82Trending at £8.98
- £18.06Trending at £22.77
- £6.10Trending at £7.98
- £9.99Trending at £11.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.