All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationThe Canon EOS Elan IIE is an auto focus SLR camera made with premium aluminum that makes it sturdy. The shutter speed of 30 - 1/4000sec in this 35mm film camera facilitates clicking motion or 3D shots with superior quality. You can change the lenses of your SLR camera depending on the photographic requirement to get an improved picture quality. The command dial of this 35mm film camera lets you choose different exposure modes for your pictures. The eye controlled focus feature of this SLR camera tracks the eyeball movements of the user and selects the suitable auto focus point for the best image. The Canon EOS Elan IIE weighs just 20.8oz making it lightweight to carry anywhere.
- ModelEOS 50E / Elan IIE Body Only
- MPNEOSElanIIEQD,caneos50,caneos50 EOSElanIIEQD
- Camera TypeSLR
- Film Format35mm
- Lens MountCanon EF
- Battery TypeLithium Battery
- Film Size35mm
- Number of Focusing Points3
- Shutter Speed30 to 1/4000 sec
- Maximum Flash Sync Speed1/125 sec
- ISO Range - Automatic SettingISO 25 - 5000
- ISO Range - Manual SettingISO 6 - 6400
- Frames per Second2.5 fps
- Manual Shooting ModesAperture Priority,Fully Manual,Program Shift,Shutter Priority
- Light Metering ModesCenter Weighted,Evaluative Metering,Partial Metering,TTL
- Flash Recycling Time2 sec
- Film Auto TransportLoading,Mid Reload,Rewind,Transport
- Viewfinder Frame Coverage92%
- Viewfinder Magnification0.71X
- Depth2.8 in.
- Height4.11 in.
- Width6 in.
- Weight20.8 Oz
- Automatic Shooting ModeLandscape
- Additional FeaturesAuto Exposure,Interchangeable Lenses,Mirror Lockup,Red Eye Reduction,Self Timer
Most relevant reviews
- gwellings06 Nov, 2014by
Good product, deserves its nick-name "semi-pro", and hardwearing
Excellent camera, not quite the same feel as the EOS 3, but genuinely on-par in terms of quality of shot, when combined with sharp glass.
- 1028737555@dele...23 Jun, 2012by
Very Happy with Item and seller
This Item was purchased for someone else and they are frilled with the Item. It is easy to use Light with a strong carry case.
- olegsky07 Sep, 2011by
great film camera
great slr camera, big enough, metal body, works as 50D but with film :) can recommend to everyone as the second film camera which is perfectly works with all EF Canon lenses.
- chriss006421 May, 2011by
canon eos 50e argentique monté avec un grip très très bien mais le controle par l'oueil n'aest pas du tout intéréssant
- hamilton-c05 Feb, 2011by
Canon EOS 50E - 35mm film revisited
I decided to buy this because I discovered a stash of old film while clearing out and I had a few EOS lenses without a decent body. This item came with the optional AA battery grip which saves on the expense of lithium 2CR5 batteries and gives you an alternative shutter button for portrait shots. Another good thing about the battery hand grip is that you do not have to remove the original battery door which, although opened for the handgrip insertion, fits neatly concealed within the housing. The camera also appeared in good condition and represented good value for £40 odd pounds. The Canon EOS 50E is a nice chunky well balanced camera and feels good in the hand but at the same time, is not too heavy. I have found that some modern pro/sumer digital SLRs have puny handgrips which make for uncomfortable handling if you have bigger hands (or long fingernails!). The E of 50E indicates the eye controlled focusing - the camera electronics can determine which part of the frame you are looking at and will subsequently render that part in focus - saves you using half pressure on the shutter while reframing for subjects off centre. I have run my first film through using mainly the small on-camera flash unit over the pentaprism and was impressed by the flash coverage, exposure accuracy and absence of re-eye. I will be trying the EOS 50E again soon when I take portraits for the album. I feel that film cameras still have a role while film and processing is available at reasonable prices. Read full review
Best-selling in Film Cameras
Save on Film Cameras
- £78.95Trending at £89.90
- £64.95Trending at £68.09
- £114.95Trending at £121.91
- £209.00Trending at £216.75
- £41.95Trending at £42.64
- £128.98Trending at £150.19
- £57.90Trending at £58.84