All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationWith a 20x wide-angle zoom, the 12.1-megapixel PowerShot SX20 IS offers intelligent, versatile shooting power. Switch to Smart Auto mode for effortlessly great results, or shoot stunning HD movies.
- ModelSX20 IS
- Camera TypeCompact
- Optical Zoom20x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution12.1MP
- Screen Size2.5"
- Sensor Size1/2.3"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range0-50cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera28 - 560mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/3200 sec
- Min Shutter Speed15 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure ModesProgramme,aperture-priority,manual,shutter-priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 3200 (2Mpix),ISO 400,ISO 80,ISO 800,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max3200
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.5 m - 6.8 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF illuminator,Flash +/- compensation
- Flash ModesFill-in mode,flash OFF mode,red-eye reduction,slow synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMMC Plus,MultiMediaCard,MultiMediaCardplus,SD Card,SD Memory Card,SDHC Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeDigital,Electronic
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size0.44"
- Depth8.79 cm
- Height8.83 cm
- Width12.4 cm
- Weight560 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - colour
- Display Size2.5"
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- HDMI OutputYes
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.5,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorStandard form factor
- Digital Video FormatH.264,HD (High Definition)
- Still Image FormatDPOF 1.1,EXIF 2.2,JPEG
- Max Video Resolution1280 x 720
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Features720p HD Video Recording,AE lock,Digital Image Rotation,Display Drightness Control,Exif Print support,FE lock,Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB,Image Stabilisation,In-camera Red-eye Fix,Motion Detection Technology,RGB primary colour filter,USB 2.0 compatibility,camera orientation detection,cropping an image,digital tele-converter,i-Contrast system (Intelligent Contrast Correction),resizing an image,safety zoom
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame movie mode
- Shooting ProgramsAquarium,Beach,Fireworks,Foliage,High sensitivity,Indoor,Kids & pets,Landscape,Night scene,Night snapshot,Portrait mode,Snow,Stitch assist,Sunset
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Tungsten (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed1 frames per second
Most relevant reviews
- pann748406 Sep, 2017by
Compact & easy to use
An excellent small camera with all the functions the average amateur photographer is likely yo need, & great value
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- 2010nancy214 Apr, 2016by
''Easy to use and takes quality pictures''
Once I managed to navigate around the camera and use its feactures of the wide angle and telephoto lens it felt so easy to use. Took various shots to test out lighting indoors and out and was pleased with the outcome. It is a fantastic model to use wasn't disappointed as the camera is easy to handle. The canon is a reliable camera to use and easy to change the batteries as well as downloading images on to the computer.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- day39play14 Feb, 2010by
Canon sx20 is the tops.
Quality of pictures are almost as good as the dslr of my wifes.The zoom is unbelieveable.Took a pic. of a jetty 800 metres away of people getting ready to snorkel off the reef.Selected 20x optical and then a further 4x digital and the result was remarkable,if you new the person he would be instantly recogniseable.No shake but you would not want to frame the result but for wildlife recognition later ,invaluable.Go buy one you will not regret it!!
- andypaul203 Jul, 2012by
A Cannon with a good report.
After using a point & shoot Cannon camera I wanted an all purpose more versatile type. This SX20 is all I will need for close up work,landscape,and family portraits.Buying via E Bay, the price paid was more than competitive with other methods.In the past I have found cameras of this quality heavy and clumsy to take with you on outings a Bridge camera of this style gives an all rounder with little more size & weight than a point&shoot. I have bought Agfa, Olympus,voightlander etc all good, Cannon seem to have complete competence.
- ecopalhas11 Oct, 2011by
Absolutely, it's the perfect camera for me!
Great camera for a very nice price! I had a Canon Porwershot S3-IS for 6 years and it was really amazing! this one is even better! Great zoom, great quality (except for higher ISO)perfect macro and super-macro (0cm!!!!) excellent video quality, easier parameter change than on older models... I love it!
Best-selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- £628.00Trending at £899.06
- £1,055.87Trending at £1,069.35
- £1,219.00Trending at £1,799.00
- £769.00Trending at £1,004.98
- £399.00Trending at £404.78
- £396.99Trending at £429.99
- £1,522.50Trending at £1,671.43