Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £17.91
- £9.88Trending at £11.89
- £16.29Trending at £18.84
- £4.46Trending at £4.64
- £4.87Trending at £4.91
- £10.15Trending at £13.48
- £4.37Trending at £4.71
About this product
- DescriptionDocuments the day-to-day lives of forty women as they struggle to survive sexual abuse, violent communities, ineffective social and therapeutic programs, discriminatory local and federal policies, criminalization, incarceration, and a broad cultural consensus that views suffering as a consequence of personal flaws and bad choices.
- Author BiographySusan Starr Sered is Professor of Sociology and Senior Researcher at the Center for Women's Health and Human Rights at Suffolk University in Boston. She is the author of Uninsured in America: Life and Death in the Land of Opportunity. Read more about the women in Can't Catch a Break and Susan's research on her blog at http://susan.sered.name/blog/. Maureen Norton-Hawk is Professor of Sociology and Codirector of the Center for Crime and Justice Policy Research at Suffolk University in Boston. She has published widely in the field of women and prostitution.
- Author(s)Maureen Norton-Hawk,Susan Starr Sered
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication12/09/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight54 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.