All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCape Verde Travel Guide - Travel tips and advice including Praia highlights, island itineraries and activities, homestays, hotels, local culture and music. Also covering the best beach and surfing sites, national parks and ribeiras, Cidade Velha and UNESCO sites, Cha das Caldeiras, Ponta Preta, Maio and Mindelo, festivals and local cuisine.
- Author BiographyHaving updated Bradt's well-established Cape Verde guidebook for its 6th edition, Murray Stewart is ideally placed to carry out the update for the 7th edition. An understanding of Portuguese and a network of island-based contacts allows him to keep up-to-date with what's going on in the archipelago from afar, essential in a destination that changes quickly. He keeps abreast of developments through the A Semana website, Cape Verde's daily newspaper. Colum and Aisling's first guide to Cape Verde was published in 1988. Aisling is a journalist and writer, specialising in the environment, the developing world and science. A former Daily Telegraph correspondent, she has won several prizes for her feature-writing and has contributed to books on a variety of subjects, including Bradt's guide to solar eclipses over Africa. Colum is a humanitarian worker. He worked for Medecins Sans Frontieres and now works for the UK government's Department for International Development. Colum and Aisling have lived in, and written about, a range of countries including Zambia and Angola. Their other joint book is In Quest of Livingstone: A Journey to the Four Fountains, about their retracing of David Livingstone's last journey.
- Author(s)Aisling Irwin,Colum Wilson,Murray Stewart
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication05/06/2017
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Note1 Tables, unspecified; 29 Maps; 40 Halftones, color
- Width133 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement7th edition
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.18
- £10.75Trending at £13.73
- £3.99Trending at £6.97
- £11.33Trending at £14.47
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
- £11.51Trending at £14.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.