Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.90Trending at £16.99
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.04Trending at £9.41
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis 2007 book is a comparative social and economic history of the capitals of Britain, France and Germany in 1914-18.
- Author BiographyJay Winter is Charles J. Stille Professor of History at Yale University. He is a specialist on the First World War and its impact on the 20th century. His numerous publications include 1914-1918. The Great War and the Shaping of the 20th Century (1998), and, with Antoine Prost, The Great War in History: Debates and Controversies, 1914 to the Present (2006). Jean-Louis Robert is Emeritus Professor of History at Universite Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne. He has edited, with Jay Winter, Capital Cities at War: Paris, London, Berlin 1914-1919 (1997) and with Antoine Prost and Chris Wrigley, The Emergence of European Trade Unionism (2004).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/09/2007
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 25
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus.
- Weight990 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byDr Jay Winter,Jean-Louis Robert
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.