All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors analyze the crisis in U.S. urban education through visceral narratives of social control while resisting the tendency to make the United States the epicenter of educational reform analysis. The book is optimistic in sharing what might be done to inspire the mass withdrawal of consent not only to regimes of high-stakes standardized testing, but to the entire edifice of neoliberal imperialism.
- Author BiographyRicardo D. Rosa is a scholar-activist who earned his PhD at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is an assistant professor at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth. He co-chairs the national organization Save Our Schools and the S.E. Massachusetts and R.I. Coalition to Save Our Schools. Joao J. Rosa is the Executive Director of the Pedro Pires Institute for Cape Verdean Studies at Bridgewater State University. He is an International Curriculum Advisor to the University of Cape Verde and a member of the National Commission on Languages. He is also the author of Discursos Linguisticos e realidades nas salas de aulas: Vencendo a luta pelo controle. Ricardo and Joao are co-authors of Pedagogy in the Age of Media Control: Language Deception and Digital Democracy released in 2011 by Peter Lang.
- Author(s)Joao J. Rosa,Ricardo D. Rosa
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication10/04/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number459
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight380 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.77
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £30.79Trending at £34.07
- £21.79Trending at £22.10
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.