All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £11.30Trending at £12.33
- £6.50Trending at £6.94
- £9.60Trending at £13.18
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £10.75Trending at £13.89
- £11.32Trending at £12.44
About this product
- DescriptionCapitalist Sorcery neither sets out a new political programme nor offers a new theory. Rather, it aims to encourage all those who are resistant to resignation and inertia, whose stories of partial successes must be told, celebrated and shared.
- Author BiographyPHILIPPE PIGNARRE writer, activist and the director of Les Empecheurs de penser en rond, at La Decouverte in Paris. He has written extensively on the pharmaceutical industry, on psychotherapy and more recently on Olivier Besancenot and the NPA (Nouvelle Parti Anticapitaliste) in France. ISABELLE STENGERS philosopher of science and the author of more than two dozen books on the philosophy of science and the politics of knowledge. Once a student of Ilya Prigogine, with whom she wrote Order out of Chaos, Stengers has written book length studies of hypnosis and the history of chemistry. Her more recent work - on cosmopolitics and on Alfred North Whitehead - is currently in press in translation. ANDREW GOFFEY Senior Lecturer in Media, Culture and Communication at Middlesex University, UK. A writer and a translator he researches on the links between philosophy, science and culture and is the author (with Matthew Fuller) of Evil Media. He has translated numerous articles in the field of philosophy by Isabelle Stengers, Barbara Cassin and Eric Alliez, amongst others.
- Author(s)Isabelle Stengers,Phillipe Pignarre
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight366 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byDr. Andrew Goffey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.