Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £3.99+ £7.90 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by rox-roc
- See details for delivery est.
- £1.43+ £7.87 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by homeclearoutallmustgo
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNotorious Puerto Rican heroin dealer Carlito Brigante (Al Pacino) is released from jail on a technicality thanks to the manipulations of his sleazy lawyer buddy (Sean Penn). All he wants is to keep his nose clean and earn enough money to start a business in the Bahamas--and maybe rekindle romance with his old flame, played by Penelope Ann Miller. Instead he finds himself back in trouble as a result of old-world codes of honour and misguided loyalties. It all takes place in 1975 Manhattan, in and around a nightclub Carlito manages, so there's plenty of classic disco music pulsing on the soundtrack. John Leguizamo plays one of the younger generation of hoodlums out to prove something. Viggo Mortensen and Luis Guzman star as a couple of Carlito's buddies from the old days. Brian De Palma, who directed Pacino a decade earlier in SCARFACE, makes this seem almost like that film's sequel. As expected, there's plenty of elaborate tracking shots and suspenseful set pieces, most memorably a pulse-pounding chase through Grand Central Station. It's adapted from two novels by New York Supreme Court Judge Edwin Torres based on his childhood in East Harlem.
- Leading Role 1Al Pacino
- Director 1Brian De Palma
- Leading Role 2Sean Penn
- Leading Role 3Penelope Ann Miller
- Additional Roles byAdrian Pasdar,Viggo Mortensen,James Rebhorn,John Leguizamo,Luis Guzman,Joseph Siravo,Ingrid Rogers,Richard Foronjy,Jorge Porcel,Frank Minucci
- ProducerMartin Bregman,Michael Scott Bregman,Willi Baer
- ScreenwriterDavid Koepp
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2000
- Subtitle LanguagesDanish,Dutch,English,Finnish,French,Norwegian,Portuguese,Swedish
- Running Time138 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- wala11717 Nov, 2016by
Sub standard second rate film
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- minerva-by-the-...05 Dec, 2008by
I love Carlito's Way. I bought it to add to my collection of Pacino DVD's, and the fact that it is a genuinely well made, well acted film, with a good plot and quite exciting. It's also moving, what you'd expect from Brian de Palma. And if you liked Scarface - you'll like this movie. :-) Oh and Pacino LOOKS good too! He also has an immensely likeable character. Buy it!
- dippy_donna01 Jun, 2008by
Best film ever
i love this film used to have it on video but had to upgrade to dvd. even tho it's a long film film it doesn't get boring, with great acting from Al Pacino and Sean Penn this film keeps you riveted to seat.
- treasuresfromto...18 May, 2008by
life on the street is a hard think to walk away from
The movie surrounds an ex-druglord Carlito Brigante who after spending five years in prison for his crimes vows to go straight. That isn't as easy as he thinks as he comes involved with those he tried to avoid. He rekindles his romance with his one time girlfriend played brilliantly by Penelope Ann Miller and tries to keep on the straight and narrow but no matter how much he tries he gets dragged into a life and death situation when he is forced by loyalty to his friend to help him pick-up a con on the run, events unfold that means he must escape now or face death on the streets. A great movie with great performance from the leading cast including Al Pacino. The movie is great for any one into mafia and/or gangster movies and will please anyone who is a fan of Al Pacino. The movie is greatly shot and the plot and action tick along at a good speed helped by the impressive array of acting talent on screen. The only negative thing about this dvd was the fact that there wasn't many extras which many enjoy including myself. How ever because the dvd is from 2000, before extras were really a big thing this can be excused. A great movie, must see. Read full review
- lpdauctions24 Apr, 2008by
Classic gangster movie.
Excellent gangster movie set in the eightees. Excellent performaces from all the cast. Pacino puts in another amazing performance playing Carlito, a bad guy trying to go good but no matter how hard he try's he cant avoid his impending destiny. Sits up ther with Goodguys and Casino etc. HD version looks great.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £16.85Trending at £19.48
- £8.85Trending at £13.89
- £17.89Trending at £26.50
- £5.94Trending at £9.75
- £7.94Trending at £8.42
- £8.97Trending at £9.99
- £12.99Trending at £18.10