All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £36.77Trending at £68.23
- £17.89Trending at £22.50
- £31.75Trending at £48.00
- £29.64Trending at £35.00
- £17.02Trending at £17.23
- £13.25Trending at £15.95
- £64.95Trending at £81.55
About this product
- Author(s)Ted G. Byrom
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication29/08/2014
- GenreOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleGulf Drilling Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGulf Professional Publishing
- Content NoteApprox. 170 illustrations
- Edition Statement2nd edition
- Table Of ContentsPreface Acknowledgements Acronyms Chapter 1: Introduction Chapter 2: Casing Depth and Size Determination Chapter 3: Pressure Loads Chapter 4: Design Loads and Casing Selection Chapter 5: Installing Casing Chapter 6: Casing Performance Chapter 7: Directional and Horizontal Wells Appendix A: Notation, Symbols and Constants Appendix B: Units and Material Properties Appendix C: Basic Mechanics Appendix D: Basic Hydrostatics Appendix E: Borehole Environment Appendix F: Summary of Useful Formulas Glossary References Index
- Author BiographyTed Byrom is a Consulting Engineer with over 50 years of experience in the industry, primarily in drilling, completion, and well intervention. After completing his BSc degree in Petroleum Engineering from Texas A&M, he began his professional career with Unocal eventually becoming a district drilling superintendent. He later earned his MSc and PhD degrees in aerospace engineering, both from Texas A&M University, while teaching numerical methods and finite element methods at Texas A&M and doing research at NASA Langley Research Center, University of Virginia and the Center for Mechanics of Composites. After working with Oryx as Drilling Technology Consultant, he formed his own consulting agency in 1994, and is also currently a course designer and instructor for Petroskills developing and teaching courses on horizontal well technology, coiled tubing, cementing, and casing design. Byrom has co-authored one other textbook on finite element methods and is a licensed professional engineer in the state of Texas, a member of ASME, a Legion of Honor Member of SPE, and a recipient of an SPE Outstanding Technical Editor Award for the SPE Drilling and Completion Journal.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.