All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a minister of the Ostrogothic regime in the time of Theoderic, Cassiodorus had as brilliant a political career as any Roman of the late empire. This title includes the translation of his Institutions of Divine and Secular Learning , a work which would be excerpted and copied in monasteries throughout the Latin Middle Ages.
- Author BiographyJames W. Halporn is Professor Emeritus of Classical Studies at Indiana University and is currently Associate in Classics, Harvard University. He edited Cassiodorus' De anima for the Corpus Christianorum. He has written extensively on Cassiodorus and on Greek and Latin literature. Mark Vessey is Associate Professor of English at the University of British Columbia and holder of a Canada Research Chair in Literature/Christianity and Culture. He is co-editor of The Limits of Ancient Christianity: Essays on Late Antique Thought and Culture in Honor of R.A. Markus and of Holy Scripture Speaks: The Production and Reception of Erasmus' Paraphrases on the New Testament.
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2004
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleTranslated Texts for Historians
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 42
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map
- Weight418 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.00
- £32.33Trending at £34.19
- £13.79Trending at £20.01
- £5.43Trending at £5.49
- £23.44Trending at £40.21
- £9.70Trending at £10.26
- £20.62Trending at £29.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.