All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe can't understand the issues swirling in today's Catholic Church without understanding the past. In this book acclaimed historian John W. O'Malley, SJ, illuminates contentious issues-from celibacy to the role of the pope-through their history and then shows how that past connects with life today.
- Author BiographyJohn W. O'Malley, SJ, is a Roman Catholic priest and professor in the department of theology at Georgetown University. He is the author of a number of books, including A History of the Popes, The First Jesuits, What Happened at Vatican II, and The Jesuits: A History from Ignatius to the Present. Besides other honors he has received six best book awards as well as lifetime achievement awards from the Society for Italian Historical Studies, the Renaissance Society of America, and the American Catholic Historical Association. In 1995 he was elected a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and he is past president of the American Catholic Historical Association and the Renaissance Society of America.
- Author(s)John W. O'Malley
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight499 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £6.30Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.