All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese three works exemplify the Roman historian Sallust's condemnation of the excesses of the late Republic. In the conspiracy of Catiline and the war against Jugurtha he sees moral and political corruption and the tragedy of civil strife. This new translation captures Sallust's distinctive style and considers his work as history and literature.
- Author BiographyWilliam Batstone is Professor of Greek and Latin at Ohio State University.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note3 maps
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byWilliam W. Batstone
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.11Trending at £14.53
- £15.01Trending at £16.70
- £13.77Trending at £20.04
- £31.44Trending at £52.30
- £11.27Trending at £18.05
- £12.58Trending at £18.94
- £10.62Trending at £16.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.