Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.27
- £30.35Trending at £43.00
- £9.53Trending at £9.82
- £14.09Trending at £15.23
- £7.49Trending at £7.69
- £18.13Trending at £25.00
- £14.05Trending at £17.47
About this product
- DescriptionThe most essential information for both potential cat owners and feline fanatics. Find out how to choose, housebreak, groom, and even travel with your feline friend.
- Author BiographyGina Spadafori Gina is the author of the best-selling Dogs For Dummies, which was given the President's Award for the best writing on dogs and the Maxwell Medallion for the best general reference work, both by the Dog Writers Association of America. With top avian specialist Dr. Brian L. Speer, she has also written Birds For Dummies. Along with Dr. Paul D. Pion, she was given the CWA's awards for the best work on feline nutrition, best work on feline behavior, and best work on responsible cat care for the first edition of Cats For Dummies. She and her pets divide their time between Northern California and South Georgia/North Florida. Paul D. Pion , DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Cardiology):Paul is co-founder, president, and CEO of the Veterinary Information Network, Inc., and a boardcertified veterinary cardiologist. Paul has been awarded a Physician's Science Award by the National Institutes of Health, a Small Animal Research Award by Purina, the National Phi Zeta Award for one of the two most outstanding manuscripts in 1989, and a Special Recognition Award by the American Animal Hospital Association for innovations in the field of veterinary medicine. Paul graduated from the veterinary college at Cornell University and has taught in the veterinary school at the Univesity of California, Davis. While at UCD, he made an important research discovery that has touched the lives of every cat in the world: He proved that deficiency of a single amino acid, taurine, was casuing heart disease in cats. His discovery was published as a cover article in SCIENCE, one of the most competitive and respected research journals and, more important, led to the reformulation of the world's cat foods and the virtual eradication of a heart disease that afflicted tens of thousands of cats annually in the late 80's. Paul lived in Davis, California, with his wife, veterinarian Dr. Carla Weinberg, sons Luca and Joel, and a house full of pets.
- Author(s)Gina Spadafori,Paul D. Pion
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- GenrePets & Equine
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Out-of-print date26/01/2017
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight654 g
- Width189 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.