All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.61
- £33.06Trending at £44.78
- £19.32Trending at £27.39
- £7.52Trending at £9.38
- £25.51Trending at £37.19
- £14.30Trending at £16.52
- £19.20Trending at £29.89
About this product
- DescriptionCatullus is one of the liveliest and most appealing Roman poets. His emotion, charm, and apparent spontaneity resonate with readers as strongly today as in antiquity. This sophisticated literary and historical introduction brings Catullus to life for the modern reader and presents his poetry in all its variety of emotions, subjects, and styles.
- Author BiographyJulia Haig Gaisser is Eugenia Chase Guild Professor Emeritus in the Humanities at Bryn Mawr College, and a past president of the American Philological Association. She is the author of Catullus and His Renaissance Readers (1993), Pierio Valeriano on the Ill Fortune of Learned Men: A Renaissance Humanist and His World (1999), and The Fortunes of Apuleius and the Golden Ass: A Study in Transmission and Reception (2008), and the editor of Catullus in English (2001), and Catullus (2007).
- Author(s)Julia Haig Gaisser
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleBlackwell Introductions to the Classical World
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight338 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.