All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £9.99
- £12.50Trending at £13.42
- £6.72Trending at £6.84
- £7.85Trending at £8.02
- £8.44Trending at £11.71
- £11.41Trending at £17.98
- £4.58Trending at £4.91
About this product
- DescriptionFull of music, these finely crafted poems continue Waters' bold exploration of spiritual recklessness and celebration through sensuality and transgression.
- Author BiographyMichael Waters' books of poetry include BOA Editions titles Gospel Night (2011), Darling Vulgarity (2006--finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize), and Parthenopi: New and Selected Poems (2001--finalist for the Paterson Poetry Prize), as well as Bountiful (1992), The Burden Lifters (1989), and Anniversary of the Air (1985) from Carnegie Mellon University Press. He has co-edited several anthologies, including Contemporary American Poetry (Houghton Mifflin, 2006) and Perfect in Their Art: Poems on Boxing from Homer to Ali (Southern Illinois University Press, 2003). Shoestring Press in the UK published Selected Poems in 2011. His poems have appeared in numerous journals, including Poetry, American Poetry Review, Paris Review, Yale Review, Kenyon Review, Southern Review, Georgia Review, Gettysburg Review, and Rolling Stone. In 2004, he chaired the Poetry panel for the National Book Award. The recipient of five Pushcart Prizes and fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Fulbright Foundation, the Ledig-Rowohlt Foundation, and the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, Waters teaches at Monmouth University and in the Drew University MFA Program in Poetry and Poetry in Translation.
- Author(s)Michael Waters
- PublisherBOA Editions, Limited
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBOA Editions, Limited
- Weight142 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.