Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.77
- £12.64Trending at £13.66
- £42.34Trending at £45.00
- £6.50Trending at £11.99
- £13.69Trending at £23.27
- £8.62Trending at £14.99
- £27.17Trending at £32.49
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an exploration of the phenomenon of celibate marriages in Byzantine hagiography. This book also explores the puzzling phenomenon of continent marriage as depicted in the lives of three couples who achieved sainthood. It highlights the ingenuity of Byzantine hagiographers as they attempted to reconcile this curious paradox.
- Author BiographyAnne Alwis is a lecturer in Classical Literature at the University of Kent, UK. Her research interests lie in hagiography, narrative and gender in late Antiquity and Byzantium.
- Author(s)Anne P. Alwis
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight672 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.