All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA monograph that has arisen from the multidisciplinary research extending over Biology, Robotics and Hybrid Systems Theory. It formulates the optimal control of maximizing the probability of robotic presence in a given region and discusses the application of the Minimum Principle for partial differential equations to this problem.
- Author BiographyDejan Milutinovic received his Dipl. Ing. (1995) and M.Sc. (1999) in Electrical Engineering at the University of Belgrade, Serbia, Yugoslavia, and PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering (2004) at Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisbon Technical University, Portugal. In 1995 he was employed at Mihajlo Pupin Institute, Belgrade, working on real-time control industrial applications. In 2000 he moved to the Institute of Systems and Robotics, Lisbon, where he worked on his PhD thesis. From 2004 to 2006 he was a post-doc at Theoretical Biology Department of Utrecht University, the Netherlands. Presently, he is a post-doc at Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Department of Duke University Medical Center, NC, USA. His scientific interest is in the area of modeling and control of stochastic dynamical systems applied to the immune system and Robotics. In 2005, he was recognized as a runner-up for the best PhD thesis of European Robotics by the European Robotics Research Network (EURON) jury in the 5th edition of Georges Giralt PhD Award. Pedro Lima got his Ph.D. (1994) in Electrical Engineering at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA. Currently, he is an Associate Professor at Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisbon Technical University. He is also a member of the Institute for Systems and Robotics, a Portuguese private research institution, where he is co-coordinator of the Intelligent Systems group and a member of the Scientific Council. Pedro Lima is a Trustee of the RoboCup Federation, and was the General Chair of RoboCup2004, held in Lisbon. He is a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems and of the Portuguese magazine Robotica, a founding member of the Portuguese Robotics Society, the elected chair of the IEEE RAS Portugal Chapter, and a senior member of the IEEE. He is also the co-editor of two special issues of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, one special issue of Elsevier's Journal of Robotics Autonomous Systems, the author of a book and several journal and conference papers. His scientific interests are in the areas of hybrid systems, discrete event systems and reinforcement learning, mainly in their applications to complex large-scale systems, such as multi-robot systems. He has also been very active in the promotion of Science and Technology to the society, through the organization of Robotics events in Portugal, including the Portuguese Robotics Open since 2001.
- Author(s)Dejan L. J. Milutinovic,Pedro U. Lima
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/06/2007
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Tracts in Advanced Robotics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 32
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight331 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.72Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.71Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.