All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a comprehensive overview of the fundamental objectives and outlooks of ethical theory. This book challenges students to develop their own moral theories and to reason through ethical problems for themselves. It guides students from general concerns about meta-ethics to presentations of major moral theories.
- Author BiographyLouis P. Pojman (1935-2005) was Professor of Philosophy, Emeritus, at the United States Military Academy and a Life Member of Clare Hall, Cambridge University. He received an M.A. and Ph.D. from Union Theological Seminary/Columbia University. He was a Fulbright Fellow at the University of Copenhagen and a Rockefeller Fellow at Hamburg University. He received his D.Phil. in Philosophy from Oxford University in 1997.His first position was at the University of Notre Dame, after which he taught at the University of Texas at Dallas. Later, at the University of Mississippi, he served for three years as Chair of the Department of Philosophy and Religion. In 1995, he became Professor of Philosophy at the United States Military Academy at West Point. He most recently was Visiting Professor at Brigham Young University in Utah and Visiting Fellow at Clare Hall, Oxford University. Pojman won several research and teaching awards, including the Burlington Northern Award for Outstanding Teaching and Scholarship (1988) and the Outstanding Scholar/Teacher in the Humanities at the University of Mississippi (1994). He wrote in the areas of philosophy of religion, epistemology, ethics, and political philosophy and authored or edited more than 30 books and 100 articles. Louis Pojman passed away in 2005. James Fieser is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Tennessee at Martin. He received his B.A. from Berea College and his M.A. and Ph.D. in philosophy from Purdue University. He is author, co-author, or editor of ten textbooks, including SOCRATES TO SARTRE AND BEYOND (9/e 2011), ETHICAL THEORY: CLASSICAL AND CONTEMPORARY READINGS (6/e 2010), A HISTORICAL INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY (2003), and MORAL PHILOSOPHY THROUGH THE AGES (2001). He has edited and annotated the ten-volume EARLY RESPONSES TO HUME (2/e 2005) and the five-volume SCOTTISH COMMON SENSE PHILOSOPHY (2000). He is founder and general editor of the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy website (http://www.iep.utm.edu).
- Author(s)James Fieser,Louis Pojman
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date04/05/2017
- Weight396 g
- Width161 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementInternational Edition
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £9.96Trending at £12.77
- £32.42Trending at £35.28
- £23.37Trending at £23.70
- £10.03Trending at £15.48
- £15.45Trending at £18.15
- £11.02Trending at £11.27
- £6.74Trending at £7.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.