Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £4.99Trending at £7.11
- £29.42Trending at £29.90
- £13.51Trending at £14.69
- £29.13Trending at £33.13
- £24.03Trending at £32.38
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £13.58Trending at £17.55
About this product
- Author(s)Jack Hoggatt,Jon A. Shank,Karl Barksdale
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication05/05/2005
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date30/09/2016
- Weight1498 g
- Width213 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Table Of ContentsUNIT 1. DIGITAL COMMUNICATION TOOLS. a) Chapter 1 Computer Basics (Lessons 1-4). b) Chapter 2 Finding and Managing Information (Lessons 5-9). c) Chapter 3 Computers in Society (Lessons 10-14). UNIT 2. KEYBOARDING. a) Chapter 4 Letter Keys (Lessons 15-34). b) Chapter 5 Number and Symbol Keys (Lessons 35-55). UNIT 3. ALTERNATIVE INPUT TECHNOLOGIES. a) Chapter 6 Handwriting Tools and OneNote (Lessons 56-63). b) Chapter 7 Digital Imaging, Scanning, and Photography (Lessons 64-66). c) Chapter 8 Speech Recognition Tools (Lessons 67-77). d) Chapter 9 Planning with PDAs (Lessons 78-83). UNIT 4. WORD PROCESSING, DESKTOP PUBLISHING, AND DOCUMENT FORMATTING. a) Chapter 10 Word Processing and Reports (Lessons 84-89). b) Chapter 11 Word Processing, Messaging, and Correspondence (Lessons 90-94). c) Chapter 12 Word Processing and Tables (Lessons 95-98). d) Chapter 13 Desktop Publishing (Lessons 99-102). UNIT 5. COMPUTER APPLICATIONS. a) Chapter 14 Presentations with Graphics and Multimedia (Lessons 103-108). b) Chapter 15 Worksheets (Lessons 109-114). c) Chapter 16 Database (Lessons 115-120). d) Chapter 17 Creating and Linking Web Pages (Lessons 121-125). Appendices. Glossary. Index.
- Author BiographyKarl Barksdale is currently an instructor at the Utah County Academy of Sciences and is a former instructor at Farrer Middle school in Provo, UT. He has recently been a consultant for Google. Formerly a Development Manager for the Training and Certification team at WordPerfect Corporation, he obtained a master's degree in curriculum from the University of Utah and applied his degree as the Secondary Curriculum Coordinator for Provo School District. Later he returned to education as a Business Education instructor. Since that time he has authored more than 50 business and computer education textbooks for South-Western Educational Publishing, Course Technology, Speaking Solutions, and other publishers. Dr. Jack P. Hoggatt is Department Chair for the Department of Business Communications at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. He has taught courses in Business Writing, Advanced Business Communications, and the communication component of the university's Master in Business Administration (MBA) program. Dr. Hoggatt has held offices in professional organizations and has been received the Outstanding Post-Secondary Business Educator Award in Wisconsin. He has served as an advisor to local and state business organizations. Dr. Jon Shank is a Professor of Education at Robert Morris University in Moon Township, Pennsylvania. His contributions to the text include units on advanced correspondence, report formatting, spreadsheets, Web searching and design, desktop publishing, business plans, communication skills, and emerging technologies.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.