All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by experts this important book explores the vital relationships between active citizenship, civil society and the third sector in different socio-political contexts. Drawing on a range of theory and empirical studies the book will be a useful resource for researchers and practitioners.
- Author BiographyEmeritus Professor Sue Kenny, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Deakin University Sue Kenny's research interests include the role of third sector organisations in generating and nurturing active citizenship, post-disaster reconstruction, risk society, transnationalism and cosmopolitanism. Marilyn Taylor, Visiting Professor at Birkbeck, University of London Marilyn Taylor teaches in the areas of community involvement in neighbourhood renewal, partnerships, community participation. Her research interests include neighbourhood renewal, civil renewal, accountability, community participation and empowerment, voluntary and community sector role and development. Jenny Onyx is Professor of Community Management in the Business School at the University Technology Sydney (UTS). She is Co-Director of Cosmopolitan Civil Societies research center, and former Editor of Third Sector Review. She is particularly concerned with issues of advocacy, social capital, volunteering and civil society and has published widely in these fields. Marjorie Mayo is Emeritus Professor of Community Development, Goldsmiths, University of London. Her research has included learning for active citizenship, and access to justice in disadvantaged communities.
- Author(s)Jenny Onyx,Marilyn Taylor,Marjorie Mayo,Sue Kenny
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication05/12/2016
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £19.15Trending at £20.08
- £17.44Trending at £25.11
- £17.24Trending at £25.11
- £20.79Trending at £35.16
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £23.75Trending at £35.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.