CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £29.78Trending at £31.49
- £14.30Trending at £21.05
- £10.09Trending at £12.99
- £7.57Trending at £8.50
- £28.88Trending at £30.59
About this product
- Author(s)Jay R. Mandle,Joan D. Mandle
- PublisherEaston Studio Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProspecta Press
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Foreword byAdonal Foyle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Author BiographyJoan D. Mandle has been the Executive Director of Democracy Matters since 2001. In that role, she organizes Democracy Matters campus chapters that involve young people in the effort to reduce the excessive power of wealth in our political process. Prior to that, she was the Director of Women's Studies and Associate Professor of Sociology and Anthropology at Colgate University. Mandle's teaching, research, and publications explore the creation of social movements and their impact on social change in America. She also has had wide experience as an activist. She was Campaign Manager for the successful races of Congressman Robert W. Edgar (D-PA), is a founder of Democracy Matters and presently Chair of the Board of Public Campaign. In conjunction with Common Cause, she led victorious grassroots efforts to pass municipal public campaign financing in Oakland and San Francisco, CA. Her many honors include the Feminist Activism Award from Sociologists for Women in Society for scholarship and activism on behalf of women, and the Oakland League of Women Voters' Civic Contribution Award for Making Democracy Work. Jay R. Mandle is the W. Bradford Wiley Professor of Economics at Colgate University. As an academic he specializes in economic development and the economics of democracy. A life-long activist, he was one of the founders of Democracy Matters, a campus-based organization seeking to create a more equal political system. His most recent publications are The Political Market, in the Journal of Economic Issues (March 2013) and Creating Political Equality (Academica Press 2010). He also contributes a monthly column to the Huffington Blog under the title Money on my Mind. Adonal Foyle is a retired veteran NBA player, who was the eighth overall NBA draft pick in 1997. He played a total of 13 NBA seasons, the first ten with the Golden State Warriors and last three with the Orlando Magic. Upon his retirement from professional basketball, he was Director of Player Development for the Magic. Adonal currently operates Foyle Consulting and Foyle Sports Performance. He is also the Founder & President of Kerosene Lamp Foundation and Democracy Matters.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.