All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.49
- £18.30Trending at £29.86
- £18.23Trending at £19.00
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a genealogy of realist performance through analysis of the music hall careers and film roles of Mistinguett, Josephine Baker, Frehel, and Damia. This book offers a fresh interpretation of 1930s French cinema, emphasizing its love affair with popular song and its close connections to the music hall and the cafe-concert.
- Author BiographyKelley Conway is Assistant Professor of Communication Arts at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Author(s)Kelley Conway
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication17/08/2004
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note31 b/w photographs
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.